Strand Golf Club, 24th September 2013, 4 Ball Betterball Stableford.
The Rotary Club of Gordon's Bay has a number of projects which uplift our communities and the money which we raise from this golf day will be allocated to these projects. The following projects (amongst others) have benefitted from the proceeds of our annual golf days in the past, thanks entirely to the generous sponsorship we have received in the past.
- R1 000 000 to assist with our local primary schools projects including Child Literacy.
- R1 500 000 for projects in our less advantaged communities, such as lkayalathemba Village (Nceduluntu). Building a day care centre for orphans.
- R500,000 spent on an up-liftment chicken egg laying project (which is self-funded now).
- R800,000 on other community projects such as support of various organisations like NSRI, PATCH etc..
- R50,000 Spent on the needs of senior citizens.
NGOs, including ourselves, are virtually dependent on funding from the private sector and with ever escalating costs and the increasingly difficult economic climate, it becomes more and more difficult for them to sustain themselves and to provide the much needed services to their communities.
Rotary's motto of "Service Above Self" entreats us to ensure that these organisations are indeed sustainable and will continue to carry out their sterling work and further, that they can grow into the future in the sure knowledge that their community is there to support them.
We ask you, as Corporate Citizens in that same community, to assist us to help the needy in our community by sponsoring our Golf Classic fundraising project.
Assistance can be given in any of the following ways:
- SPONSORSHIP: Tee Boxes: R 1 000.00 each
- Greens: R 1 000.00 each
- Practice Putting Green R 2 000.00
- Halfway House R 2 000.00
- Car park: R 5 000.00
- Club House R 5 000.00
- PLAYERS: R1 200 per 4-Ball R 300.00 per person
- DONATION: Any cash or prizes would be most welcome. Raffle tickets are also available for purchase.
Please contact us with your requirements or bookings!
Invoices will be issued as required with payment details.
Yours in Rotary
Alan Budge – Golf Day Convener